A mexican fiesta requires colorful decorations, flavorful food, and exuberant music!
Adhere cactus, sombreros, and other festive cutouts to walls and drape crepe paper streamers, fiesta or party lights around windows and ceilings. Accent with globos - balloons. Entertain the group with pinata centerpieces or hang filled with bulk candy and toys, and loco pictures under a personalized fiesta arch! ¡Decora por un partido muy lindo y divertido!
Place maracas with taller decorations, such as a cactus piñata, in centerpiece arrangements. Use chili pepper balloon holders or Del Sol mylar balloons or placecards at the fiesta party — they will make cute recipe card holders at home in the kitchen afterward.
Make tissue paper flowers and place in vases on tables or around the room.
Tissue Paper Flowers
Layer 5 to 10 sheets of tissue paper. Fold over the layerd tissue paper stoack 1 inch along one edge; flip over the tissue paper stack and fold over 1 inch again. Continue folding adn flipping to the endo the the sheet stack. Wrap and twist a chenille stem around the center of the folded tissue paper. If desired, the ends of the tissue may be cut in a curve or diagonally for petal variedy. Carefully seperate and fluff each tissue layer to resemble a full flower.
Use a fiesta candle sets with Mexico's colors, iconic shapes, or tea lights in adorable margarita glasses, or purchase custom candle favors for the fiesta party as personal decorative and lighting additions to each table setting.
Serve up cold cocktails in salt-rimmed cactus margarita glasses set on personalized coasters that match your Fiesta banners or Festive Cactus.
Make Handmade Cascarones or Confetti Eggs
Mexican tradition - Cascarones are Colorful Mexican confetti egg shells. It's believed that Marco Polo ... eventually made it to Spain and then Mexico, where they became known as Cascarones. Cascarones are confetti filled egg shells hand painted and brightly colored. Cascarones’ egg shell have a very small opening on one end and the inside is drained out. The empty shell is thoroughly washed and then dried. The clean shell is now filled with confetti and sealed with a tissue paper. Today many say that the colorful confetti shower brings good luck and good fortune to those to whom an egg is broken over their head. Cascarones are fun party favors handcrafted and colorful
Mexico Children's Day
In Mexico, Children's Day is celebrated on April 30. It is also known as "El Día Del Niño". On this day teachers in schools organize the day for their children. Lessons are suspended from 12 noon, sometimes earlier. They organize games, music, and the children bring in their favorite foods to share with others. Some families also have a day out with their children. There are special activities for the children in parks and sports centers. Sometimes, also, the children will be given presents by their families. This is the day when children are really honored in Mexico. Celebrate children with a fiesta!
How to Play the Pinata Party Game
The Pinatas is bound to be the highlight of the fiesta. The Pinata is a great party game for kids of all ages and for all occasions!
Step by Step Instructions:
1. First, make sure you have everything needed to play this kid party game, such as something to hang the pinata, a place from where to hang the Pinata (a tree branch, a basketball hoop, two adults holding ends of a rope with a Pinata hanging in middle, etc.), Pinata candy and toy stuffers, a Pinata buster stick and blindfolds for the participants.
2. Fill the Pinata with the party favors before guests arrive at the party.
3. Organize the kids in a line, starting with the smallest one all the way to the tallest one. Only blindfold children that are over 3 years old, then spin them around a few times, provide them with the Pinata buster stick and let loose to hit the Pinata
4. For safety's sake, while a child is hitting the Pinata during the game, all other children must be kept away (a minimum 15' radius is recommended) from the hitter. Furthermore, the child should have completely ceased to hit the Pinata before you allow the other kids to go grab the party favors spilled on the floor.
5. Allow each child to hit the Pinata at least a couple of times before you move on to the next child.
To make the Pinata party game even more fun, the Pinata must be swung up and down, and guests must be encouraged to misdirect the Pinata hitter (if the Pinata is down, tell the hitter the Pinata is up, etc).
You don't have to travel South of the Border
to enjoy its festive fiestas
create it all right here!
Niños love fiesta party nachos, trail mix, custom cookies, or chips and salsa for a snack. For a more festive look try serving the chips in a sombrero, or placing bandanas at the table settings as napkis or tied up and filled with party favors.
Include mariachi music and lively dancing. Have a tango or flamenco dance contest and award all entrants with special prizes like the chili pepper bracelets, necklaces, sombreros, or maracas.
Cranberry Cocktail - Non-alcholic Drink